Cut Flower Garden Season Pass
Purchase Your Season Pass Below
Brighten your home and day (or someone else's) with fresh cut local flowers all summer long!
Once a month (June through September) come rest and rejuvenate your soul while enjoying the peaceful country air as you make your way through the rainbow rows of beautiful flowers to choose from in our cut flower garden.
We want your Cut Flower Garden experience to be one that you fully immerse yourself into taking your time and reacquainting with nature and all the beauty that it has to offer. To make sure you have this intimate experience in our Cut Flower Garden we have decided to only sell a handful of season passes to ensure the field is never overcrowded and that guests can take their time.
We invite you to take some time to soak in the peacefulness of our farm after cutting your bouquet, giving yourself that gift of pausing and resetting. Once a month you get to set aside all the busyness and worries for a couple hours as you allow yourself (or someone else) time to just be present, letting the peace, joy and calm wash over you.
Trust us that time is priceless and does so much good for the mind, body and soul.
HOW IT WORKS
WHEN: Once a month you come to the farm to cut your own bouquet of fresh flowers on the following dates and times:
- Harvest Dates for the 2022 Season Pass are Thursday’s from 5:30pm to 8pm: June 9th, July 7th, August 4th and September 1st.
WHAT’S INCLUDED: A beautiful bouquet that you cut your self and a keepsake container to use all season. Your bouquet should fill a wide mouth mason jar and contain an array of focal and filler flowers as well as foliage that have been hand selected by you to cater to your taste and style. Don’t worry we will have signs to help you identify each type of flower.
THE HOW: You will be provided with clippers and a harvesting tote to use each visit. On the first harvest date you will be provided a keepsake container to transport your bouquet home that you will want to clean and bring back each month. Afterwards you are welcome to spend some time arranging your bouquet at our flower table or you may spend your evening wandering the flower fields and nature trails.
THE FINE PRINT
- Refunds. The Cut Flower Garden Season Pass is non-refundable and non-transferable once purchased. Your pass is considered a CSA (community shared agriculture) membership, meaning you share in the risk of farming. We will do everything in our power to grow the best flowers for you but we cannot control mother nature, pests, natural disasters, frosts, etc.
- Weather Policy. Harvesting is rain or shine, please be prepared for changing weather conditions. In the rare event there is extreme inclement weather we will reschedule for another date and time.
- Safety is our priority, therefore, ONLY adults are permitted to use our flower snips (scissors). Sorry, no exceptions. You may bring your own snips to use and share with a minor though at your own discretion and liability.
- Pet Policy. We love animals and know they are a part of your family however for the safety of our own fur babies no pets are permitted on our farm. Please also do not leave them unattended in your cars. If you have a service dog, please notify us ahead of time.
- Children Policy. Respectful children 8 years and older are permitted in the cut flower gardens. Please remember though only one guest per passholder is permitted.
- Harvest Dates: 2022 Cut Flower Garden Season Pass is valid for self-guided flower harvesting of one bouquet from 5:30pm - 8pm on June 9, July 7, August 4, and September 1 ONLY. No rescheduling permitted.
- Absences. If you can’t make one of the harvest sessions, you may send an adult in your place otherwise you forfeit that month. Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and the harvest date they will be coming 24 hours in advance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What should I wear?
Appropriate footwear and clothing. The ground is rough or uneven in spots.
What should I bring?
For your comfort, you may want to bring sun protection, water bottles, bug spray, sunglasses, a snack, etc. Cutting flowers can work up an appetite. Most importantly bring a good attitude and child-like wonder.
Do I need to bring my own scissors?
Nope, we provide them for you. Sharp clean flower snips are important for the plant heath, so we want to make sure that is what is being used in the garden.
Please Note: only adults are permitted to use the flower snips per our insurance policy.
How many flowers can I cut?
You are given a harvest tote to use the size of a wide mouth mason jar to fill (not stuff), which will hold approximately 14 – 20 stems depending on the type of flowers you choose. For example, sunflower stems are thicker than zinnia stems are therefore you will fit less in the cup.
Please refrain from overfilling your cup as you risk breaking the flowers’ petals off and stem, thus shortening the vase life of your beautiful flowers.
What type of flowers are in the garden?
The joy of growing a cut garden is experiment each year with new varieties, so what is available can vary year-to-year. However, there will always be Sunflowers, Zinnias and Cosmos in our cut flower garden as they are the staple of any Ohio cut flower garden.
I have never cut fresh flowers before; how will I know where to cut them?
No worries, there will be signs at the beginning of the row and throughout the garden to show you were to cut that particular variety.
Why would I pay to cut flowers when I can get them from the store?
In all honestly, for the experience! The flowers are secondary and what people really come for is the experience of being surrounded by the beauty of all the flowers and to let go of the hustle and bustle of their daily lives to explore the garden with child-like wonder again. Your fresh cut bouquet of flowers will serve as a daily reminder of this experience, one that you cannot get from a store bought bouquet.
Why are the harvest times late in the evening?
Flowers that are cut in the heat of the day don’t last as long and are prone to wilting, this is why we only open the garden in the morning and evenings.
How do I safely transport my flowers home?
That is the beauty of our keepsake cup as it will fit in most vehicle cup holders so you can safely take your flowers home. You can either keep them in the cup or transfer them to a vase.
Can I bring a guest with me to the cut flower garden?
Yes, as a season passholder you can bring one additional guest (over 7 years old) with you to the garden. The guest policy is to ensure there are not too many people in the garden at once and so that everyone can have an intimate experience.
Can I bring my child with me?
Yes, respectful childern over the age of 8 years old can come as your one guest as a season passholder. Children under 7 years old are not permitted in the cut flower garden though.
Is the cut flower garden wheelchair friendly?
Yes and no. While the paths are wide enough some of the rows are not even ground which could make maneuvering difficult. In addition, after periods of heavy rain the rows would be too soft for a wheelchair.
Do you have a restroom?
Yes, we have a restroom trailer with flushing toilets and running water. Please note the trailer has stairs and is not wheelchair accessible.
Where do I park when I arrive?
In the front of the yellow parking pavers by the barn.
Just a Friendly Reminder
"Under Ohio law, there is no liability for an injury to or death of a participant in an agritourism activity conducted at this agritourism location if that injury or death results from the inherent risks of that agritourism activity. Inherent risks of agritourism activities include, but are not limited to, the risk of injury inherent to land, equipment, and animals as well as the potential for you as a participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to your injury or death. You are assuming the risk of participating in this agritourism activity."
NO SMOKING ON PREMISE.
NO PETS, EXCEPT LEASHED SERVICE DOGS.
- Passholders may bring one guest with them each month to share in the experience of cutting fresh local flowers to fill your bouquet, if desired! ($40 value)
- Passholders may send a friend or family member in their place to harvest.
- Passholders may access the flower fields and nature trails during their visits, for no additional charge. ($40 value)
- Passholders will be privy to a brief farm tour and bouquet workshop at the first session on June 9th, sharing tips on how to harvest and hydrate your bouquets to increase vase life as well as a behind the scenes look at the farm. ($150 value)
HOW TO SIGN UP
Add the 2022 Cut Flower Garden Season Pass below to your cart and checkout on our website. Mark your calendar with the harvest dates above. We’ll use the email address you provide at check to send an email reminder from the farm in mid-May.